Thursday 17 November 2011

Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah 197

 Rough-legged Buzzard on our southern border.


There is a god of birding after all. After the dissapointment of 13th October when Karen Mather took brilliant photos of a Rough Leg in Calderdale I thought thats it another Calderdale mega missed, no chance of one turning up for at least 20 years, then yesterday Tim Walker rang me to say a friend of his was watching a Rough Leg on our southern border but the fog had come in and there was no point looking for it further that day. So today I made sure I was up early to here the good news that it was still there, Tim kindly picked me up and within half an hour we were enjoying great views of the bird. Most of the time it was out of our area but on occasions it drifted into Calderdale air space so a tick for my Calderdale list taking me on to 197,  I think, will have to check that. Wheather its the same bird as the 13th Oct we do not yet know???

No comments:

Post a Comment