Saturday 29 April 2017

29th April Best Bird ever ?

At the top of my all time birds to see was adult male Pallid Harrier. Last year me and Dave finally caught up with a juvenile female at Welwick near Spurn and I wanted to see more, so when news broke 2 days ago of an adult male at Dunsop Bridge, me and Dave had to go. This was the first time I had been back to Dunsop Bridge since the late 90s when I used to go to watch Goshawks, sadly the whole nesting wood of the hawks as been felled, shame. Anyway by 10.30am we were watching the harrier displaying, carrying nest material and hunting, I even filmed it eating prey on the ground. At 14.30pm we were still watching it, having hardly been out of view in 4 hours. It was quiet simply probably the best bird Ive ever seen, a really superb raptor. Also in the area 1 female Hen Harrier, 1 Peregrine, 2 Merlins, 1 Kestrel, Common Buzzards, 2 Ravens, 1 Ring Ouzel, 3 Dippers etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment