Sunday 13 August 2017

13th August

Had a walk up to my watch point today in the hope of getting some raptors, had only just left the house when news came though of an Osprey at Leeshaw, some miles north of where I watch from. Arrived at watch point 45 minutes later when news came that the Osprey was still at Leeshaw and had caught a fish, good this bird might hopefully drift past me later on. I sat down and began to find a few birds, 3 Ravens, 3 Buzzards, 3Kestrels and 3 Sparrowhawks 2 of which were carrying prey. I was then joined by Matt who was on his way to Leeshaw, but a quick call to Brian who informed us that the Osprey had left, so we stayed put BIG MISTAKE. Not long later the Osprey was back with another fish, so we decided to go for it, too late we just missed it but we did have another Sparrowhawk, a Peregrine, 2 Barnacle Geese and a Bar-headed Goose?

No comments:

Post a Comment