Saturday 8 December 2018

HELL RAISER

After missing them at the last moment for the last 2 years I finally got to see the SWEET last night at Holmefirth Picture Drome, and I have to say they were bloody great. This is the group that started my passion for loud rock music in the 70s which led on to heavier groups like Sabbath and Purple etc. These days there's only the original guitarist Andy Scott left in the band but the other newer members played superbly well and their harmonies were the best Ive ever heard form any group live. All the old favorites were played, Ball Room Blitz, Blockbuster, Fox on the Run, Teenage Rampage etc, they even played the one that Mary Whitehouse got banded, Turn it Down, but the funniest moment for me was the sound of 2000 heavy metal fans singing along to Wig Wam Bam. What a great night out I would definatly go see them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment