Sunday 10 October 2010

10 10 10

I haven't been to Spurn for 2 years so when Steve C offered me the chance to go I gratefully accepted. The day didn't start too well with a Dip on Little Bunting (some things don't change) I think ive now been for 11 and only ever seen one. We had more luck at Sammys Point with a superb Pallas's Warbler which we watched on and off for over 2 hours. Lapland Bunting followed near the Bluebell and Egyptian Goose was also picked up nearby (this would be a Yorkshire tick for me if it is deemed acceptable?). A Great Grey Shrike showed briefly near Kilnsea and last but not least a Raddes Warbler was trapped and then shown to the admiring crowd at the back of the Crown and Ancor. What made the day though was the number of birds present, whole fields just brimming over with thrushes, Siskins at your feet, Chiffchaffs, Redstarts and Robins fliting about on the rocks and stacks of Goldcrests in just about every bush. It really was a great days birding, I probably saw more birds in one day than the rest of the year put together.

Photos to follow tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment