Sunday 1 April 2012

1st April OSPREY nice

 Osprey, my 6th bird for Calderdale.





 Imm female Peregrine above and tatty Buzzard below.
Out with SC, pulled up at todays site at 1.30PM. Setting up my camera I suddenly looked up and exclaimed its a bleep bleep OSPERY, camera strait on the bird but the first shots I got when the bird was closest came out blurred so I tried again and got some half decent pics unlike Steve who failed to film a second Osprey in Calderdale in back to back years, just couldnt get it in the view finder. It then all happened in the next few minutes, no sooner had the Osprey flown north then 2 Peregrines appeared followed by 2 Buzzards and a few Kestrels, also had what I thought was a brief view of a Merlin zipping over. Other usual moorland birds including at least 70 Golden Plovers and a nice Shortie on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment