Tuesday 28 March 2017

Learning curve

Over the past few weeks me and Andy C have had 3 visits to Rufforth looking for white winged gulls. Amongst the 1000s of birds present we began to see herring gull type birds with pure white heads and obvious dark eyes, probably seven birds in total, we even had a bird with both a dark eye on one side and a pale one on the other side of the head. I took several shots of the birds thinking they could be possible Caspian Gulls, but after sending the pics to a much more experienced Gull guru he has informed us that he thinks all the birds are just Herring Gulls with dark eyes (thanks Mick C for your time and response so quickly)hope I learn from your advice, back to the drawing board.

1 comment:

  1. i hope by gull guru you mean the person i mentioned. not me! I see your replies from UK Gulls group say HG?

    ReplyDelete