Sunday 6 February 2011

6th Feb SAD NEWS

Ive just found out that Gary Moore, brilliant guitarist has died at the age of 58. He was one of a few guitar players who could play just about any style, blues, rock, heavy rock, jazz rock etc. I only saw him live on 2 occasions, first round about 1979 when he stepped into Thin Lizzy on the Black Rose tour at Bradford st George's Hall, he was blisteringly good. A few years later I saw him again at Bradford at a different venue, I think it was the Corridor of Powers tour, he had Ian Paice of purple fame on the drums, again a faltless brilliant show, he will be sadly missed. The odd thing is that last night at our Upper Gearge reunion me and binky were talking alot about just how good Moores album G Force was and the first record I heard as I entered the Sports Man later was Out in the Fields by Gary Moore.

1 comment:

  1. Sad news indeed, saw him once only, Manchester Apollo, ages ago.

    ReplyDelete